Sherman’s subsidiaries and affiliates originate, purchase and service all types of consumer and commercial debt in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Sherman’s business strategy is to leverage its intellectual capacity, operational depth and financial resources to originate and service accounts for consumers who are underserved by traditional financial institutions and, at the same time, create value for its stakeholders. Sherman additionally seeks out overlooked, complex and illiquid assets and platforms at the end of their fund life or held by otherwise constrained financial institutions.
Sherman’s affiliates and subsidiaries are engaged in the following business lines:
- Direct origination of credit cards and consumer loans (US, MX, & UK).
- Servicing of all types of consumer assets (US, MX, CAN & UK).
- Investment in performing and non-performing consumer debt originated by financial institutions, credit card companies, retailers and others (US, MX, & CAN).
- Investment in real estate, corporate debt and structured asset purchases (US).
Additionally, Sherman’s strong foundation in consumer and specialty finance has enabled it to regularly evaluate and invest in transaction opportunities outside of its traditional sphere of investing – distressed ABS/MBS, FDIC assisted bank acquisitions, real estate development and bank capitalizations.
Our investment history has included:
- Portfolio purchases
- De novo start-ups
- Whole company acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Minority equity investments
- Real estate portfolio acquisitions
- Senior and subordinated debt acquisition
Sherman is actively seeking new opportunities and partners that will either complement or expand its current investment portfolio.